Friday, March 28, 2008

Prayer for a friend...

I have been spending a lot of time with a very sick friend. She has lost her hair, due to Chemotherapy...and yet somehow still looks as beautiful as ever. Because, you see what she has not lost, is her very soul and her strong spirit.
Everytime I see her head, I am reminded of Matthew 10:30, where Jesus says,"Even the very hairs on your head are numbered." This makes me realize in a graphic way-that God is fully aware of the situation and is still in charge. No matter what our human eyes may see.
Today, I humbly ask for you to pray for my friend Carol-and her precious family.

Paul wrote to the Romans in 12:12
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Grace and Peace,

DCC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you , Debbi. That was beautiful and a great reminder to us all that HE is in charge...even we we don't understand why, HE is there for us. What a gift he has given us in the form of YOU.
xo
Caroline

Pops and Nana said...

I'll be praying for Carol, and thanks for the reminder that God numbers the hair on our heads!!
Love, Honey Baby

Anonymous said...

even without a hair on her head, carol is most beautiful and my hero..hh