Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"My Easter Prayer" by David McNitzky

Mary Magdalene's comment at the tomb on the first Easter morning speaks loudly to me: "They have taken away my Lord and I don't know where they have put him."

That is what grief does to us; it clouds our vision.

When a dream of mine is crushed, a relationship stressed or my health falters
I cry out inside, "Where is Jesus? Where have they put Him?"
The truth is, of course, that just because I cannot see Him
at that moment does not mean he is not there.
He is just there in ways that are new to me.
He is working outside of my previous experience and current expectations.

While Jesus is no longer in the physical condition in which Mary expects to find Him, He is, however, present in a much more powerful way.
Jesus never promised that we would not have moments that cause us to question and cry out, but He did promise to "be with us always."

My Easter prayer is that when it appears someone has removed Jesus from my world, I will through my tears, seek to look for Him to appear in new and surprising ways.

Please come join us this Sunday as we celebrate Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week.
~David McNitzky

1 comment:

Seeking the Vine said...

Thanks David. I needed to hear that today.