Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Word for Word...

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

I went to dinner with Christian, Jewish and Muslim women last week.
I have the utmost respect for Judaism and Islam. I was the least familiar with Islam and quickly learned of their unwavering beliefs and deep passion. It was so refreshing to be around people who were not afraid to speak about their faith- and made no apologies for their beliefs.
At one point, early in the evening-
Someone said- "did you know there are actually people who believe The Bible word for word- cover to cover....two by two...Noah, The Ark....all of it."

It was quiet- and they looked at each other almost with a disbelief...I could almost see the cartoon bubbles above their heads, "people are so gullible....Religious Right...Fundamentalist nut jobs"

The Muslims and The Jews, however, did not flinch. You see, it was other Christians who seemed to question this. It became very clear, very quickly, that I was the minority in this group.

It was at that moment that I raised my hand- looked them square in the eye- and spilled the beans.
"I am one of those people."


I do believe it.
Cover to Cover.
Word for Word.

God, please give us the boldness needed to stand up for what we believe in. That in all things YOU may be honored and glorified. Your Word is a lamp unto my feet. Thank you-

Grace and Peace,
DCC

1 comment:

Pops and Nana said...

AMEN!! And Bless God for His wonderful, fully Divine,
fully TRUE WORD!! Every word of it!!
Honey Baby