Friday, November 14, 2008

Pretty Is as Pretty Does...

My Grandmother, Momo, taught this little ditty to me as a child. It was constantly reinforced by Mom. They were and are IS still, as always, correct.

I spent the week in different types of meetings....with different "acting" and "looking" people.
I saw lots of "pretty" and lots of "ugly." None of it was physical appearance.

I invested far too much time complaining about them...and not nearly enough time focusing on myself....and looking in the mirror to see if I was "acting pretty."
God, thank you for the simple lessons of my childhood...For "looking at the heart" (1Samuel 16:7b). May my actions be "pretty" and may you be pleased with what you see in me.
Hope you have a great weekend and look "pretty"-
Grace and Peace,
DCC

No comments: