Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gentle Ben...

One of the aspects of my job I love the most, is visiting people in the hospital-
some visits are easier than others.
Today I got to visit with Gentle Ben.
There he was in all of his Superman gear- complete with Velcro, in case a cape needs to be attached. (you never know when you are going to need one.)

As I stood over him, looking at all of his IVs, I realized how peaceful he was.
Here the rest of us are, on this election day, filled with fear, excitement, dread and hope...all at the same time. But, there is Ben, totally content....just chilling out, watching cartoons-
I realized, he is not afraid of the unknown...because his Mommy is there.
There is no need to worry. She is in charge.
May we all remember today and tonight and tomorrow...There is no need to worry....
we are with our Father....and He is in charge.
no matter what tomorrow's results show.
Thanks for the lesson Ben.
God, please bless this precious child. Thank you, for being in charge of all of it.

Grace and Peace,
DCC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLESS YOU!.....
Honey Baby

Anonymous said...

Love the story...Ben is very special and I am sure has a wonderful Mommy! He is very lucky! So sweet!