Monday, August 1, 2011

Pagers, Pillows, Fonzie and Jesus...


So, I had the pastor's pager this weekend.
Yes, I said pager
No, your time machine did not just send you back to 1995.
Apparently our church IS pager friendly.

If there is an emergency after hours, you punch in a code and it pages a pastor.
Whenever I have it- people start dropping like flies.

Par for the course, within 24 hours we had 3 deaths.
(With only one pastor in town,
this was sure to be a fun filled weekend!)

That's when I did what all great theologians do at a time like this....
check my Twitter feed.
I considered it no accident, when this tidbit crawled across my page,
"Jesus is cooler than the cool side of the pillow." This reminded me that The Bible speaks of Jesus, on a pillow."Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake,
so that the waves swept over the boat.
But Jesus was sleeping.
The disciples went and woke him, saying,
“Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. ~Matthew 8:23-26

Unlike Don, in that storm, there was no warning and all action.
In the midst of chaos The Prince of Peace was resting His Head on a pillow.

Now, THAT is cool.

Basically, we've got Fonzie at the helm!!
Jesus wasn't disturbed by circumstances then, or now.
We are on board a ship driven by Jesus- not by circumstances, or beeping pagers.

God, Thank You for riding ON the boat with us. No matter what the weather, I know You are at the helm....maybe even with Your thumbs up.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: