Monday, August 8, 2011

Get Up Meatheads....

I was at The Wash Tub yesterday....it was packed, with only a few places to sit.
The crowd was mostly women, some of them elderly.

Except for a father and his son.
They were sitting in the only seats.


Did they offer their seats?
No.

Did we all stand around them while they rested and read their papers?
Yes.

Saddest of all, did He just each his son what to do when ladies don't have a seat?
Yes, yes he did.

I refrained from yelling "
Get up you lazy Meathead!"


If I sound anti-feminist or out of style, good.
I make no apologies.
I believe a gentleman should offer his seat to a lady.

While I'm clearing things up, here are a few more things that are not out of style:
Standing up when a lady walks in the room.
Helping her take her coat off.
Opening the door for her.
Letting her on and off the elevator first.
Standing up when she leaves or returns to the table.

I paid close attention to people and their manners the rest of the day...including my own.

It wasn't long before I found, guess who? None other than the "dogs with no names,"
Their lovely and ever-so-friendly owner, has decided that the Cambridge Elementary School Playground is now a bathroom for her great dane and chihuahua.

Bad manners takes on all shapes and sizes. (As did what they left behind.)



I suppose there is a possibility she expects this?
while she relaxes with a cheap cigar.
But then.....Eureka!!! Proof that Chivalry ain't dead.
(It was just asleep at The Wash Tub today.)
I walked out of Teka's at lunch and there was a sharply dressed gentleman that stood outside in the sun, in order to hold open the door for all of 5 us.

"A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Good manners are Biblical and some of the simplest ways we can serve others.

God, Thank You for so many opportunities to serve others, in such simple ways.

In His Dust,

DCC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have gone thru all of your blogs tonight, just passing time. You are hilarious, and right on. Your blogs have made me feel good for the first time in a long while. You have touched my soul and lifted it up. Maybe a renewed spirit. I wish that I had known you sooner. You are a class act...cause God made you that way.
God Bless You Debbi