Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Help...



I couldn't get this song out of my head all weekend....accept the version I was singing was

Come on Irene.
Was it just me?



Between the 24 hour coverage of Irene, aka Eileen, and people complaining about how flipping hot it is, including myself....


I escaped all of it, along with everyone else in America, to go see "The Help."


I had not read the book and did not know the story.

Among many thoughts, the main one was-

If God wanted to, He could and fairly should,

treat each and every one of us as hired help.

But He doesn't.


In His Eyes,

We are not His puppets-

We are not His hired help-

We are not His indentured servants-


Not even close.


"I no longer call you servants. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." ~John 15:5



A friend of God's?

Yes, You are!

Yes, I am!


I loved thinking of Him- looking at each one of us- and reminding us...


God- Thank You for Your Friendship. For freedom and forgiveness that come from The Same Hand.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: