Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Astronomy 101...

"We don't need to just see Jesus from afar; we get to go with Him. Be astronauts, not just astronomers" - Bob Goff



I came across this quote on my early
morning walk. While straight above me were still stars...to the East the sun was peeking through the clouds and over the trees.

I thought back to my painfully boring astronomy classes in college.
Yes, I actually took more than one.
Why?
Ummmmm....the Zeta house may or may not have had the "test file" for Dr. Crawford's classes.
As an added bonus to an easy A....the classrooms were filled with hot Phi Delts and KAs.


The studying of stars in a book, or on a globe, was, at the very least, mind numbing.

Now, going on the roof, to look at the stars, was a different story-


(especially with cute Phi Delts)


"When I consider Your Heavens, the work of Your Fingers,
the moon and the stars, which You have set in place." ~Psalm 8:3"What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?" ~Psalm 8:4


We are given a choice by God, each and every day....
we can read about Him,
we can watch Him,
or we can walk alongside, The Actual Maker of the stars themselves.

God, Thank You for inviting and encouraging us to walk with you.

In His Dust,

DCC

No comments: