Monday, April 7, 2008

Thank you...

Most people who know me, know I have an obsession with thanking military personnel.

It began with my Grandfather, Con Mims, Jr. He was killed in action December 17, 1944 during "The Battle of The Bulge." He was a true American hero, (more medals than I can recount here.) More importantly to me, than the medals were the true rewards he left behind-
The love of his life-my Grandmother "Momo." She had a 2 yr old Con, III and was pregnant with my mom.

Due to the fact, that I never got to thank him, and I am not sure if anyone did, I feel a very strong call to thank who I can, in his honor and memory.


I came across this picture- I thought it might better explain why-

The pictures on this are why I/ we MUST go out of your way to say "thank you" to any person having served or currently serving in our military.
God Bless Them all.


For those who have offered the ultimate sacrifice- may they rest in peace-
I am so thankful to you, God, for the ultimate sacrifice You made on Good Friday- because what occured three days later on Easter- ensures, that I will meet and be with my grandfather. I will hug his neck and say a long overdue Thank you.

Grace and Peace,

DCC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo looked so much like Bobby - wow.

Beautifully written ,as usual.

do.

Anonymous said...

well,that one did me in....my heart thanks you...he (i'm sure) is busting with pride and so is He.....hh

Pops and Nana said...

You're a jewel for so many, Debbi! Thanks for your passion, humor, and love.
Honey Baby