Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dust of The Rabbi...

Life is complicated- depending on who you are following.

The goal in following a "teacher", or "rabbi", in Jesus' day was to be just like him. In order to do that you must walk very closely to him. When you walk closely to your teacher on the roads of Israel- you can not help but be covered in his dust.

I get so caught up in asking where He is going, what time we will get there, How do I know He is there? etc, etc...that I tend to forget Who I am following...

The past few months I have been reminded me of Who I am following.
In ways I had forgotten, or just taken for granted...and thought of as a coincidence. It has been said, "a coincidence is God's Way of Staying Anonymous"

I don't think of Him as trying to stay anonymous- rather, just showing His Grace and Mercy, as He waits patiently for us to recognize Him.

My Rabbi is Jesus. I want more of His Dust on me.

Grace and Peace,

DCC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way God works -- we watched the Nooma video Dust on Sunday!
JS

Debbi's Blog said...

no way!!!!
coincidence??
I think NOT!!

Pops and Nana said...

let's keep each other accountable for staying dusty!