Monday, July 30, 2012

Cheering for you....

I'm feelin' community.
I like knowing that everyone is watching the same thing on TV or computer.... 
All over the world.
I am digging the texts and discussions among friends and strangers about the different faces of The Olympics...


Gabby....
Edible....and grounded in Scripture

Bella...
I feel certain he would not make this face 
as he gazed into my Hershey Bar stash.

This is more likely the reaction I would get. 
As a matter of fact: 
I feel like she knows....all the way across the pond...
that my fridge is stocked with Diet Coke, wine, beer and butter.


However.....this was my favorite.
Aly Raisman's mom and dad.
It was the greatest thing I have seen since....


Who's that Spartan in my tee pee??? 
It's me! It's me!

On this Monday morning...no matter where you are "performing,"
Don't think for one moment that you don't have this same kind of support from heaven.
Starting with Very God Himself....
He is watching every move...along with your very own cloud of witnesses...
They are holding their breath in hope...
cheering from the stands, louder than you can imagine.


The only difference between Aly's parents and your cloud of witnesses?

There are no furrowed brows in heaven.
 They already know---You will finish strong and faithfully....
and when you do, you will be rewarded with much more than gold.

Thank You God, for the obvious examples you put right in front of each and every one of us.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: