Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beans Don't Burn On The Grill...


No. 
No, they don't burn on the grill.

Remember the nights of watching this.....
when you weren't sure if the things he was saying were ok to say on TV...and you didn't care.

Remember that awesome walk...the man was original swag....(shout out to Bill D) 
Mother Jefferson....who you shouldn't mess with.
Weezie,Tom, Helen, Lionel, Jenny, Florence, Bentley....
The whole gang is gone....makes me sad.
Not being able to get the theme song out of my head for 24 hours....God has used a great reminder to me, that we are all "escalating on up" to a heck of a lot better than better than a DE-luxe apartment in the sky.

We are headed to Our Father's House.....which He has promised has many rooms.

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. 
I am going there to prepare a place for you." ~John 14:2

There will be no one asking for a tip at the elevator
By the Grace of God Himself....one day you and I will be too, finally get a piece of the pie.


God, Thank You for the way you use the language of our culture to speak to us in such profound ways.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: