Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Authority...

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. "-Romans 13:1,2



I have been wrestling with God over this all summer. Not The Scripture itself, but the principle behind it.


God has placed all kinds of authority in our lives. Our government, our offices and our families. I don't like being told what to do or how to do it...not sure of anyone that does. Respecting and submitting to authority is far from easy.


When authority figures make a decision I don't like, or don't handle a situation exactly like I would....usually, I criticize. Respect is the last thing on my mind.


God is pointing out to me, that criticizing those He has placed in authority over me, is essentially criticizing Him.



I am not called to agree with all decisions of my authority figures, but I am called to show respect for those that makes them.



God, Thank You for Your Patience in this lesson.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: