Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Who Gets Credit...

Sunday Night TV was a toss up between The NBA Finals and The Tony awards.... while both were entertaining, I found more of a Biblical lesson in the game.

Lebron, don't you know, have you not heard, did you not pay attention??

"First pride, then the crash-
the bigger the ego, the harder the fall" ~Proverbs 16:18

Taking your talents to Miami? A they aren't your talents, they are God's.

As I sit here in judgment, I am suddenly aware of my own pride.

Where am I taking credit for my talents and successes?

Oh, make no mistake, we all do it. It sounds like this:

"I got the job...I got rid of my cold...I worked it out with my spouse...I got in to UT!...I have beat that addiction...The chemo is working..."

Is our language giving credit to God, or man?

God, Please remind me when I am taking the credit.

In His Dust,
DCC

P.S. Congrats to the Mavs on a well played season and a well deserved win.

It's still 4-1.

1 comment:

tcdweber@sbcglobal.net said...

Apart from Me, you can do nothing. John 15:5 This is my and my husband's life verse. xoxo, Cindi Weber