Monday, June 20, 2011

Hurricane Jesus...


It's quiet this morning...very much unlike last week...
during which, about 400 kids blew through here like a hurricane.
I refer to it as Hurricane Jesus. It was Vacation Bible School 2011- the theme was "Pandamonium."It's a nationwide curriculum. Many of you are, or soon will be, very familiar with it.
It's my favorite week of the year-to work in the church.Within each corner's turn-
there was a strong reminder of what Christ is focusing on.
In our sanctuary were over 400 shorties,
singing and dancing their hearts out to Jesus. While right outside those same doors...sat many homeless and hurting families-
waiting in line to receive help from our "Hope Center."

As the VBS kids left the sanctuary- I watched as they each waved, smiled and made eye contact. I do believe if they had understood what these people needed, dare I say,
they would have given it to them. It reminded me beyond the shadow of a doubt- EXACTLY why Jesus said...
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." ~Matthew 19:14 It was a visual buffet of who and what Jesus wants us to focus on.
children...

the hurting and/or
homeless...
fellowship...
hospitality...
joyfulness...
Jesus, in His Own Words, says,
“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." -Matthew 25:40

God, I pray that we will have the focus and passion of the kids towards the least of these.


In His Dust,
DCC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While it was Pandamonium - the actual name of the curriculum was PandaMania - Pandamonium was the original name but I guess Group Publishing figured out it was too accurate and might scare people off!
Thanks for a beautiful blog!
I can't wait to hear what our grand total raised for World Vision is!! I love, love, love hearing about the lemonade stands and kids doing extra chores to raise money!
Jessica