Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Southern Stairs...

Those who came to worship at The Temple of Herod came from the southern side.
Different routes to The Temple, came together into a large stone paved plaza under the shadow of a giant southern retaining wall. This is a massive set of stairs. I have sat on the them...
I have walked on them...
I have been taught on them.
What I remember about them...is that they were purposely uneven.
You could not "run up' them.
You had to approach God with focus...and purpose.
From these steps teachers could address those who had assembled in the plaza.
It is highly probable that Jesus, Himself taught from here.
If you were blessed enough to walk by...and smart enough to slow down...you would hear Him. Makes me wonder, where am I walking by Him today?

God, give me eyes to see You and ears to hear You.

In His Dust,

DCC

1 comment:

Milliscent Morgan said...

Thanks that I found this wonderful blog, but aside from this another blog caught my attention and that was stairs repair Miami.