Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shake It Off...

I just heard a great sermon by Robert Emmitt last night-
It was God's timing at it's finest.


It reminded me of Jesus command, not suggestion, to "shake the dust off" of our feet.
Matthew 10:14 says,"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that town."

Jesus is referring to shaking off what is on your mind, not your feet.
If you are mistreated...If you are betrayed...If you are lied to...If you feel dismissed...

I don't know about you, but I instinctively "hang on" to my dust.
No matter if it is light or heavy dust-white lies, complete betrayal, anger, sadness, small loss to great loss. The worse it feels, the more I tend to "chew on it?

Jesus tells us 3 different times in the Gospels, to let go of that dust.
Not once, not twice...but three times, lady.

So, guess there is no time like the present to shake it off. Time to blast my sandals with the virtual dust remover.
My Mom is so good at this- she is constantly reminding me with three short words,
"dust, dust dust."
Which is a great reminder to get IN His Dust and OUT of my own.
God, Thank You for the profound instruction to shake it off and and move forward.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: