Monday, January 26, 2009

Protection...


So, I drive up and find this in the driveway Big Mike D.
Chocolate on face, barefoot, ripped jeans, covered in dirt, filled up backpack...
and on a mission...
Taking it to the streets...(like the Doobie Brothers)
What was the mission? Crime fighting....to quote him...
"I am out lookin' for bad guys...and when I find 'em...I'm gonna shoot 'em in the privates."
I made the mistake of asking with what?
and I was shown this....
I went inside for some water and found the midget's arsenal.
Along with a pair of orange scissors. Yes, they are all fake...well, not the scissors...but the rest...
He quickly realized the scooter was not sufficient...and SUV was in order. Bypassing the Pink Barbie jeep and moving to a scary black Escalade.

I am not making this stuff up.
Upon leaving the driveway....small problem...Mom's Suburban was in the way...so...what else do you do....but push it out of the way...not the Escalade...but the Suburban. That's right.

It is hard work to protect a neighborhood.

Sometimes, you just have to give in hit your knees and pray for someone else to take over.
Thank you God for covering us with your wings of protection. thank you for Mikey and his example...that you are prepared, willing, able and will stop at nothing in order to protect us.
Grace and Peace,
DCC

No comments: