Monday, September 15, 2008

Open for Business

The beds that were empty yesterday...are not any more.

Thanks Ike.

So....the conversations I am having have started like this...
I need a brush...
I need some new underwear...
I can't find my brother...don't know if he alive...
My cell phone charger is out...so no one can find me...
Can I wash any of my clothes anywhere?
I am tired...
Do you know where my prosthetic leg is?
I am trying so hard to quit smoking...
I am scared...
No one knows where I am...
I don't know where I am...
Why?
When can we go home?
What will be there?
Can I go home to help?
I miss her...
I miss him...

My answer to all of it- the only thing I know for sure...is what I see up above all of these beds...the cross.
God show yourself to these people through us, and if necessary use words.
Grace and Peace,

DCC

No comments: