Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike...



"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:35
Those put on the right hand of God will be those who gave food to the hungry,
drink to the thirsty, warmth to the lonely, clothing to the naked, comfort to the sick,
and friendship to the imprisoned. Did you note how simple the works are?
Jesus doesn't say, "I was sick and you healed me....I was in prison and you liberated me....
I was lonely and you built a retirement home for me...."
He doesn't say, "I was thirsty and you gave me spiritual counsel."
No fanfare. No hoopla. No media coverage. Just good people doing good things. -Max Lucado
God, thank you for giving us Your Son...and may we remember, HE CALMED THE STORM.
Grace and Peace,
DCC

No comments: