Monday, November 17, 2014

Trusty Talking Donkey....

In honor of the Mules play off game this week,I give you...Balaam's Trusty Donkey.
The story of the talking Mule,(not to be confused with Francis, or Francie for that matter) is found in The Book of Numbers. 
"Then God gave speech to the donkey“What have I ever done to you that you have beat me these three times? Am I not your trusty donkey on whom you’ve ridden for years right up until now? Have I ever done anything like this to you before? Have I?” ~Numbers 22:28-30
I love that God uses, whatever He chooses, to get our attention. When was the last time a talking donkey spoke to you? (Please do not include this very moment) 
Personally I have experience with a rather chatty mule....so I don't find this story hard to believe...at all. 
There are so many lessons in this story. For me, one of the lessons is....keep your eyes and ears open. As God’s people, we need to be prepared for Him to speak in any way He chooses. Which might very well be out of our comfort zone....Sometimes hearing Him feels impossible to clarify or decipher. However, we can glean encouragement from this story. 
God will stop at nothing to make sure we "get the message."
Thank You God for speaking to us and for being patient as search to hear.
In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: