Monday, November 10, 2014

Understanding Prayer...


I was just telling someone, "I will pray for you...."
She responded,through tears, "Will it make a difference?"

I was struck stupid.(not the first time.)

I wanted to give a good theological answer....
so, I said....
"Yes."

I don't know how...but I know it will.
I don't know what that looks like...
but I know it is what He tells us to do.

James 5:16 promises that our prayers are not in vain. 
"The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

Doesn't God already know what we will ask for? Doesn't He already have plans?
Deep Theological research in Israel has lead me to this profound conclusion...

We aren't made to "get it."
It is beyond our ability to understand.
If God needed us to understand...HE would have made us able to do so.
In the meantime He has said to pray.
"Pray all the time." -1 Thessalonians 5:17
and remember....
"We are confident that He hears us 
whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him." - 1 John 5:14

The bottom line, our prayers DO make a difference...and that is all we need to "understand"

God, Thank You for letting us talk to You, without having to understand You.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: