Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reflection....

"A mirror reflects a person's face, but what he is really like,
is shown by the kind of friends he chooses." ~Proverbs 27:19

I have this verse in my office and have always loved it.

Spent yesterday afternoon celebrating the life of Dick Roberts.

It had a "time warp" feel to it at times.

Sitting in pews and across aisles among friends that I have known since I was 6 years old.


Watching the generations before us, who had known each other even longer.
The passing down of friendships, through the years....felt spiritual to me.

It has been said, that in adversity, you will know who your friends are.
I pray for Barbie, Shannon and Grady, that this was true yesterday.
I pray the same, for others who sat there and reflected upon their own sudden and recent losses.

Something about watching your friends be there for each other, soothes your soul. At least it did mine yesterday.

As I sat in the service and receptions, I was reminded of a Bob Goff quote,

"God usually doesn’t pass us messages; He sends us each other."



God, Thank You for the people you send us...and the way You Touch us when You do.


In His Dust,

DCC

No comments: