Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Intent....

Lent......The 40 days of pre-game....or so to speak.

Every year I debate about what to "give up"....what to deprive myself of...so I will magically get super tight with Jesus.
I am not dogging giving up something for those of you who feel called or led to do so-
I commend it.
However, for me, this lent, I choose, to give up...nothing.

I also choose, to add intent.

I want to intentionally read His Word.
I want to intentionally speak to Him.
I want to intentionally hear Him.
I want to intentionally love Him.
I want to intentionally love others.

Jesus Himself tells us, “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.” ~Luke 9:23-24

God, Thank you for sending your One and Only Son.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: