Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Family Tree....

Well, it's official....I have become a genealogy nerd-
Seriously, it's borderline embarrassing.

I'm bombarding family with emails and facts that sound like something out of The Bible.

Jane begat Cora...Cora begat Louise....Louise begat Susan...Susan begat Weezie....Weezie begat Debbi....yada, yada, yada....

Yesterday I made my way back to the 1500s....
(only 500 to go before I figure out which Apostle was mine!)

I had been researching my great (x6) grandfather, Robert Roy MacGregor
.Looks like a nice enough ol' Scot. My Dad pointed out to me that he is THE Rob Roy...as in the great Scottish Folk Hero - their version of Robin Hood or even Braveheart. All of which I learn after I Google him to find figure out who the heck he was...I get all fired up.How am I so intrigued about someone I know so little about?
Well, I mean,
besides the fact that
Liam Neeson played him in the movie, and Jessica Lange played my great (x6) grandmother, Mary MacGregor....
On top of this might I possibly make me eligible for a lifetime of free Rob Roys?
All of the focus and studying on my ancestors has me wondering...
Do my ancestors look like me?
Do I resemble them in my actions?
Would they have liked me?

I can not answer for all of them...but I certainly can for One of them.
The One we all have in common.

I look like Him, as do you....we are made in His Image.
He does like me and even loves me, as He does you....He gave His Only Son to prove it.
I do resemble Him in some of my actions...as do you.

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.
By him we cry,
“Abba, Father.” ~Romans 8:14,15
It's not too far back that each and every one of us is from the very same neck of the woods.

God, Thank You for allowing us to call you Daddy.

In His Dust,
DCC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He and His Son adore you and so does every single member of our tree!!I think every one of them is up there smiling down at you and saying::::job well done