Monday, March 28, 2011

Drew...

I went to a Baseball game Saturday to watch my good buddy, Drew.

He plays in the Challenger League. I learned quickly, the challenge did not just apply to the athletes.


"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:12-14


Drew runs with his "eye on the prize."


He's not worried about being faster than others-or concerned if he is slower.


He's busy watching the end- Home.We all can and will finish our race if we look to Jesus. He has gone before us, and he waits for us at the finish line.


Jesus Himself, kept His Eye on the prize, enduring excruciating pain.

Having won His race, He stands at the finish line cheering for us.


God, may we all run toward You, just like Drew runs toward home.

In His Dust,

DCC

No comments: