Monday, March 1, 2010

Unity, God's Favorite Olympic Event...

I have an Olympic Hangover.

Closing ceremonies.....they always makes me sad....leaves me feeling lost-

A.What am I gonna watch on TV now?

B.How will I know how my lone Snow Leopard from Ghana is doing?

C. How will I keep up with Joannie Rochette.....will she be ok after her mother's funeral?

I love the unity of the entire world that the Olympics bring. Not just just around the world, but within our own USA. I had conversations with strangers in waiting rooms and restaurants last week that "put us on the same team".....it felt good...and it felt right....like God designed it to be.

All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other.” John 13:35

Maybe this is the key.
To peace? To contentment...to showing others what Christ is really about.

God, never asked us to build unity....He just tells us to keep it.

In God's Eye's, there is “one flock and one shepherd” John 10:16.
How great is that? We don't even have to figure out how to make it- just protect it!



Thank you God, for the Olympics. Thank You God, for placing the desire for Unity among each other in our hearts. Please let that flame deep within us all never be extinguished.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: