Wednesday, September 23, 2009

His House...

David, the man after God's own heart, said: "I'm asking God for only one thing, to live with Him in His House my whole life long" Psalm 27:4

What is this house of God which David seeks? Is David describing a physical structure? Does he long for a building with four walls and a door through which he can enter but never exit? No. "Our Lord does not live in temples built by human hands" Acts 17:24. When David says, "I will live in The House of the Lord forever" Psalm 23:6. He's not saying he wants to get away from people. He's saying that he yearns to be in God's Presence, wherever he is.

-Max Lucado

I don't know about the rest of you - but sadly, this is not what I usually ask God for....I spend my time asking Him for things that help my relationships with other people....you know? Fix this particular relationship...or give me peace with so and so....

God, Thank You for the reminder this morning that YOU are Who I should be trying to spend time with. My relationship with You is what matters, before and above all else.

In His Dust,

DCC

No comments: