Monday, September 21, 2009

Forever Forty...

Spent the weekend at a 40th birthday party in Rockport with old friends...and by old...
I mean...old.

After almost 25 years, I have grown familiar with the surroundings...the sites...the smells...the noises...the tastes...the faces...the laughter...the dance moves...

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Now remain in my love."
John 15:9
To abide is to be at home.
To abide in Christ’s love is to make his love your home. Not a roadside park or hotel room you occasionally visit, but your preferred dwelling. You rest in him. Eat in him. When thunder clasps, you step beneath his roof. His walls secure you from the winds. His fireplace warms you from the winters of life. As John urged,

We take up permanent residence in the life of love” 1 John 4:16

God, Thank You for the comfort of old friends. More importantly for the safety of Your Love and The Invitation to Abide there with You.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: