Monday, June 23, 2008

William...

This is one of my Godsons, William.
(aka- "MoMo", "Mosephus", "Number One")
He went to his first spend the night camp last week.
I received many letters from him, yet, one of them, stuck out.

It was an empty envelope.
(addressed on the backside...complete with stamp in left hand corner.)
the outside said "I miss you so much."
The inside, I will never forget.

it was empty.
and there was a small note at the top, in the little triangle area...it said

"There is nothing in here except my love."

Yes, I chuckled at the same time...and wiped away a few tears at the same time.

Isn't this what God's Word is for us? No matter what stories in The Bible it is-
the miraculous, the scandalous, the scary, the happy...the lines you are familiar with...the ones you have never even heard of-
Isn't the bottom line....all He is really sending...

Nothing except His Love?

Grace and Peace,

DCC

No comments: