Monday, October 13, 2014

Signs...

So.....Friday I was walking down Broadway and came across this magnetic sign.
(It had fallen off of the Superintendent's car during a parade.) 
As you can imagine the upgrade from Mule to head honcho, 
felt warranted and quite honestly, long overdue.

As tempted as I was to slap it on my Tahoe and start making some serious decisions...
I refrained and walked it back to the district office.

I got several weird looks and honks as I walked the mile with it.
The people seemed perplexed....so, I just smiled and waved back.

After a while I realized...
the only thing they saw on the other side of the sign, 
was a "certain broken finger" sticking out at them.
This impostor superintendent, was unknowingly giving a signal at those passing by. 
(see below)

Of course the icing on the cake, was that I was also wearing a 
neon t-shirt, covered in Bible verses.

Who I was and why was I angrily running a school district while proselytizing on Broadway?!?!? Lots of mixed signals.

Made me realize how quickly I judge people on what "signs" they "show" me.
Which lead me to thinking about signs from God.

"This is the Lord's Sign to you, 
that He will do what He has promised." ~Isaiah 38:7

How we look for them.
How we miss them.
How we forget them.

His Sign that we must find and must not forget.

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son. 
By believing in Him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life." - John 3:16

God, Thank You for loving us beyond what we show others.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: