Monday, March 17, 2014

The Green Puddle...

I don't like this ol' hag. 

Not Idina...I am sure she is lovely. I am talking about the character of the Wicked Witch.
This green machine and her dumb monkeys, which don't fly by the way, gave me nightmares for many years.
So much so that I have never watched the Wizard of Oz all the way through....spoiler alert, 
apparently, she melts. 
Before you call Child Protective Services, it's not Weezie's fault, she has begged me for years to "watch it all the way to the end the mean old witch with will melt and you can grab the slippers."

So you can imagine my panic....when invited to go with old friends to see.......Wicked.

I braved the green storm...and was pleasantly surprised.  

It was a great night and even more so, a spiritual reminder, that in Him we have nothing to fear. Nothing. Flying monkeys included. 

"With Him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing." ~Psalm 27:1

In God's Eyes, the things I am worried about are nothing more than a green melted puddle.

One of my nieces was worried she wasn't going to get any Fun Dip for Easter.....
another niece is concerned about a getting a chocolate bunny- 

Where they see concern- I see a puddle.
Where they see worry- I see the opportunity to bless.
and you can rest assured, I will...in abundance.

God, Thank You for handling our fears with strong protection, in sweet abundance.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: