Monday, December 16, 2013

Let Us Adore Him...

O Come All Ye Faithful.

It's my favorite Christmas Carol....I keep it on repeat in many different versions- 
it runs the gambit from James Taylor to Bing Crosby to George Strait.
This year I have been thinking about "where and how" am I to "Adore and behold Him."

Having never seen His "hometown" of heaven - we don't realize distance God Himself came to be right here. 
He went a distance we can not possibly fathom.
Even better, God doesn't call us to go remotely near the same distance or even understand it....He just calls us to know that.... 
He.
Came.
Here.

He came here for the faith-full and faith-less, just the same.

I continue to hear myself and others singing these words, like we really mean it...
It sounds like we are begging to adore Him.
However, I am not coming with a choir of angels, (that I am able to  hear.)
I am not coming with all the citizens of Heaven above, (that I am able see.)

So, it seems to me, the best way we can "get to Bethlehem" is simple.... Love God and Love others better.

In this way.....we can truly Behold and Adore Him

“Let’s get over to Bethlehem as fast as we can 
and see for ourselves what God has revealed to us.” ~Luke 2:15

God, Thank You for being Present among our every moment....We adore You.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: