Monday, November 25, 2013

Cats,Chaos and Colossians...

What. Is. Happening.
At first, I thought Weezie had drugged me at Sunday Night Dinner....
Then I was sure of it when I saw 
Olivia Pope and Pres. Fitz had taken the stage. 
Followed by the traditional Thanksgiving shout out to Hsiu Yu.
Needless to say, I felt 100 years old as I wracked my brain to figure out what spiritual lesson would afford me the opportunity to write about Milli Vanilli's Lip Syncing Cat on the blog.

 It was then this gorgeous face showed up, to calm things right on down. 
My eyes were saved as well as my mind, from possible permanent damage.
It was as if the chaos stopped for a moment.

The season that is approaching us....
faster than some would like, 
not soon enough for others...
has an element of man-made chaos in it. 
(It's as if we are the ones bringing a fake horse and a lip syncing cat)

Although, the element that God Himself brings to this time of year is, Peace, Hope, and Joy. 
(With a side of strong, warm familiarity in the midst of it.)

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
since as members of one body you were called to peace. 
And be thankful." -Colossians 3:15

God, Thank You for coming in to our man-made chaos. We are beyond thankful.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: