Monday, January 7, 2013

Rest....


I took some time off during Christmas break just to lie low... 
I was looking for some green pastures and still water, so to speak.

Little did I know that God would use bronchitis and an ever lasting migraine 
to make me stop moving.
All of our pastures might look different. 
Mine happened to look like a lot of lazy "biscuit time"...
Late nights and sleeping late.....a lot of Tivo...yes, that is what you just read. 
It also involved a lot of family...good friends....good red wine and pizza...and milk punch.... 
Lots of football and lots of ooooohing and aaaahhing over little boys and their first bucks...
Some long and honest conversations and a lot of laughter in between.
Some tears and reflection at Paesano's and some venting at Teka's.

Sound sacrilegious? Well, it ain't. 
It's honest and that is the way, with reverence, Jesus calls us to be with Him. 
I pray this finds anyone reading it renewed...rested and ready for 2013.
May you protect the time you need to rest, in the way you need it.
Green Pastures, Still waters, whatever you want to call it... May you embrace it.
He wants us rested. 
"He Makes me lie down in green pastures; 
He leads me beside quiet waters." ~Psalm 23:2


Yesterday, as reality began creeping back in...
I walked upon a live Bible verse....

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills  will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field  will clap their hands." ~Isaiah 55:12

God, Thank You for being my very own Shepherd....I join the trees and clap for You.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: