Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inauguration...

With our President's hand on The Bibles of President Lincoln and MLK. 
I was reminded of Martin Luther King's call, 
"To serve and make the most of the moments God has given us."
I am a sucker for pomp and circumstance.
It doesn't matter the candidate or the occasion--
Once I hear a drum roll and see the uniforms....100% chance...I'm in.

You add a side dish of JT? It's a no brainer for me.

57 Inaugurations the US of A has had....

I have a hard time keeping a tradition alive for a few years-much less 57!
There's something so comforting to me in tradition.

Hopefully, those watching were able to see beyond the politics. 
  That you were able to get past, eye rolls and gum chewing to remember, 
and feel grateful for those who had gone before us.
Those who's lives are remembered at Arlington and other solemn places.

God's Hand is on our country- 
I believe this and therefore shall not fear or waste time in worry.
The peaceful transition of power, sometimes among foes, has seen a new sunrise 57 times. We will surely see a better tomorrow.

"I will not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, 
for the battle is not mine, but God's"  ~2 Chronicles 20:15

"His Truth is marching on.
Glory, glory, Hallelujah!
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
Our God is marching on."

God, Thank You for new beginnings and the opportunities see things however we choose.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: