Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dear Grammy...


Dear Grammy,
It's hard to believe it has already been one year since you went Home.
I wanted to thank you for so many things.
For always making time spend with me....
whether it meant walking me to "Stop-n-Go" in 100 plus degrees just to buy me an Icee and a comic book...
or for patiently teaching me how to wrap hot caramel around an apple...
(as I may or may not have eaten the majority of the bag.)
For teaching me how to sit on the front porch and snap fresh green beans...
For hand cranking out homemade ice cream, especially when arthritis had taken over your fingers...
For (attempting to show me) how to just sit still, watch and listen... (A for effort) 
For showing me that love does last...
Most importantly, for living out your faith before me through your favorite song.

My Redeemer Lives 
"As I look back on the road I've traveled, I see so many times He carried me through. 
There's one thing I've learned in my life,
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
Everything He said, He will do and every morning His Mercies are new.
There is a place I am preparing for you.
I know someday I'll see my Lord face to Face."  


As the years passed- I am sorry to admit, that distance got the best of us.
However, I never forgot, including today, what you meant to me. 

I am Blessing God today, because I know exactly where you are... 
I know exactly who you are sitting next to and holding hands with...
 I know exactly Who You are looking at.

God, Thank You for a Grammy and Big Mac and their Godly example in my life.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: