Monday, September 10, 2012

Dear Reed...

Dear Reed,
Your Mom and Dad asked me to be your Godmother on Mother's Day...the moment stole my heart....as have you, for 13 years. I have watched you stand up to adversity with a brave smile, as well as laugh along with all of the happy moments of your life.
As with all of your family and friends, this weekend, I watched you, through a ridiculous amount of tears streaming down my cheeks. I know from talking to you and from watching your face, as you read The Very Words of God, that this means something to you. 
It was quickly evident that what you were reading and speaking, was not just rote memory that would quickly lead to a party and presents. 
You read from Deuteronomy...
  
"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:

You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out."
~Deuteronomy 28:1-3,6 
The words were fitting for you Reed and as you read them- I prayed them for you.
(Truth be told, when you read in Hebrew,
 I had no clue what you were saying, so I made up my own prayer.)
I prayed that you will have best friends that stand by you at all costs- 
a "total protection committee," so to speak.  

I echo Rabbi Stahl's prayer that you shall be blessed.
 
 "Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~James 1:17

God, Thank You for Your Word, for best friends and for their children.

In His Dust,
DCC 

No comments: