Monday, October 5, 2009

Gardening....

All too often, I convince myself this is the fruit God is looking for.
You know...a hearty laugh...a good time...all of which I can plant seeds for...and have been working voraciously on since kindergarten.
However, according to His Word....it ain't what He's looking for.
"I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit,
fruit that will last."
John 15:16
According to God's Word...the fruit He is looking for is....
"...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control" Galatians 5:22-23


A good gardener will do whatever it takes to help bear good fruit.

He has been known to clip away things that interfere. Usually, I'm busy fighting it...
stressing on how I can get along with out it....and in the end....I am always better off.
Not only does He have my best interest, but He sees the entire picture.
He is who hung it in the frame


God, Thank You for pruning, digging, pulling and cutting, even when it's painful and I don't understand. I trust You and You alone as my Gardener and Shepherd


In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: