Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Do It...

"Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like." James 1:22

I came across James 1:22 this morning.
Shortly thereafter, I was met in the parking lot by a woman coming to the church, in need of help.
We had not given her what she wanted...and she was not too happy about that.
She was hostile, rude and loud. She laid me out-yelled "You think you are so great! You think you are so loud! you think you are such a big deal!"
I wanted to blast back-"Well, actually it's funny you would bring that up...I kind of AM a big deal."
But, instead, I walked away, smiled and said a little prayer for her.
This is not intended to be a pat on the back for me, in any way, shape or form...but rather a pat on God's.
He does not ASK us to follow His Commands.
He TELLS us to follow them.
in other words, Just Do It!
God, thank you for the reminder this am. Please forgive me for all the times I fail.
I look forward to the next opportunity to put it into practice.

In His Dust,

DCC

No comments: