Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Peek a Bush...


So, on the way to work yesterday, I stopped up the street.
George W and Laura were in town for some fundraisers-
I waited patiently....made my way past a few barricades...and the next thing I knew...sirens....motorcycles...limos, suburbans...helicopters...etc....
in the suburban on the far right....I find myself looking around when I notice a familiar smiling face in the back of a suburban in directly in front of my face...guess who????

Just the leader of the free world...no big deal....The amazing part was that HE was trying to get MY attention- he knew I was staring at him and not realizing it was him.

He pointed at me, then pointed back to himself and began waving and laughing as if we were playing peek a boo and he had gotten me! There I stood, with only two other people on the entire street- no big crowds....no fanfare- just us, George, Laura and 50 armored trucks.

What does this have to do with God? Alot! It was a specific reminder to me that God is not going to let us "miss" Him! He will get our attention no matter what it takes! We must keep our eyes open...and we will see Him....He is everywhere.

Thank you God, for making yourself known to us. For your patience as we stare right at you, and do not recognize you.

Grace and Peace,

DCC

2 comments:

Pops and Nana said...

You should send that to George Bush!! Really!!!

Natalie said...

That is so cool! We saw George and Laura getting onto Air Force One in Waco this weekend after their weekend in Crawford. They were on their way to Midland for a fundraiser. It was surreal to see the helicopters come in and land and watch them get onto AF One- really neat!