Thursday, October 9, 2008

Seeds...


I just went on a long walk- and watched my feet- they traversed over streets, wet grass, dry grass, small rocks, big rocks, a football field, playground, parking lots and driveways.

I was thinking about one of Jesus best known parables of the sower and the soils.
"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."Luke 8:5-8

Below is a
picture taken in Israel-and is what Jesus would have used as an example- can you imagine just walking along with Him...He would stop and make a faith lesson for the ages out of the ordinary-

With all of the mud slinging going on in our country right now, I started thinking, what kind of seeds am I throwing?? I am going to try and focus on the seeds I am scattering instead of the ground for today-

Grace and Peace,

DCC

No comments: