Monday, February 1, 2016

On A Dime...

Well, well, well....it is 2016. 
You should know, I had great intentions of blogging all about Christmas and New Year's....
But life got in the middle of my plans...and many of your's.
January seemed to be filled with so many people who were just longing for a simple and "Silent Night."

We watched closely, as so many lives turned on a dime. 

It wasn't until this morning that I realized, 
the dime that turns so quickly, has a very clear message on it.
"IN GOD WE TRUST."
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you" ~Psalm 56:3

What we saw very clearly in January was a lot of HIM. 
We saw Him, still on The Throne.
We saw Him, bring Comfort...and Healing.
We saw that He was indeed close to the broken hearted.
We saw His Healing. Not always with our eyes.
We saw Him, in brave big brothers...and broken parents...and households whose faith did not waver.

I believe with everything in me- that David is safe and sound and so is Reid. 
And Burton is healed.
I believe that The Molaks and The Kelleys and The Barnes will see them again...
and when they do, there will be no more goodbyes.

I believe this, because I know that was not just a baby in the manger.


I believe it was Very God, in The Flesh.

I believe that He came to earth in order to live among us....
Including the days where everything turns on a dime.

"Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous
Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. 
For The Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go."~Joshua 1:9

God, Thank You for coming here and never leaving us.

In His Dust,
DCC

"The way we love each other when we leave the manger says a lot about who we found when we got there." ~Bob Goff

No comments: