Monday, February 9, 2015

Jesus and Sam Smith....

Well....
The 2015 Grammys are behind us....and once again, I am confused by multiple things, 
I think, I saw. 
Speaking of behinds...

Madonna. Stop. Just stop it. You are embarrassing all of us raised in the 80's.
Sia. What on earth did my eyes see? If the goal was to make me feel 400 and un-artsy- well played sir, ma'am or muppet.
Weeknd. Is that a hat or hair? And while I have your attention, did you know there was an "e" missing from your name..or was that on purpose?
Prince.
Why? Why did you turn your raspberry beret into a shiny dreamsicle.
Our Senior year, Francie, Shannon, Anne and I might have snuck to Austin to see you in concert and not noticed then, but now....now is an entirely different story. You are a weird-caned-scrawny-little dude...possibly even doll.
What a difference 30 years makes.

But then there was "Stay With Me", by Sam Smith...which leads me to the spiritual portion of today....
What are the odds Jesus sang this in The Garden of 
Gethsemane? Low.
To me this morning? High. 

There was a definetly a clear message in my Bible about the concept of Staying with Him.

"Little children, remain in Him." - 1 John 2:28

I am currently doing a study on 1,2 &3 John, by Kelly Minter. 
One of the latest lessons was regarding the word "remain."
It is rooted in the Greek word meno. It means not to depart, to continue, to be present, to endure. 
To stay in a given place, state, relation or expectancy. 
How hard can that be?
At times very.
"What you have heard from the beginning must remain in you." -1 John 2:24a

As Sam Smith won multiple Grammy's last night....Stay With Me, was played each time...
As I hummed along I realized it was "remaining" with me.
It would not depart...it was continuing...it was within me.

Even more so should these words get stuck in my head, heart hands and feet
"As the father has loved me, so I have loved you, remain in my love." -John 15:9

God, Thank You for reminders along the way in the most unexpected places.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: