Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hiding Place...

"You are my Hiding Place; 
You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." 
~Psalm 32:7

Sounds good in theory.....but last I checked....
I was not a little white bird and was not able to find a cleft in a white rock.

Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...

To me, the concept of hiding in Him....feels more like.
Which was smothering and quite frankly, a tad suffocating.
And also, sand up the nose? No thanks.

Sometimes, grabbing on to God, to Hide, feels more like this.

I KNOW He is not letting Go.
I KNOW He has me securely in His Grip.
But, dang, it's easy to forget.

I naturally tend to focus on the worries surrounding me....
instead of Who is Protecting Me from them.

Thank You God for Being a Constant Place Hide...for each one of us reading this.

In His Dust,
DCC 

No comments: