Monday, February 18, 2013

More Tambourine & Cowbell...

"Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing." ~Exodus 15:20

Are you kidding me?
Here they were in the middle of escaping Pharaoh and Miriam stops to packs a tambourine.
(Are you picturing Stevie Nicks in the midst of the pyramids, or is that just me?)
Yes, a tambourine. 

As impossible and bleak as redemption looked at the time....she had faith. 
In the big fat middle of hard, depressing and challenging "end of their rope" times...
She KNEW that there would come a day for Praising God and celebrating His Work. 
So, she packed up that tambourine and headed out the door.
I believe God clapped when He saw the chutzpah of His Daughter Miriam!!  
She stepped out in faith and was the original, "when praying for rain, carry an umbrella."

Crocker preached on this story yesterday...and because I am mature and spiritual....
I couldn't stop picturing Will Ferrell. 
Then I couldn't shake wondering if Miriam said,
"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell....ahem, tambourine."

We'd all be better off grabbing our tambourine, or even a cowbell...and expecting greatness, grace and redemption from our Awesome God,

For one day, He promises for each one of us....He will... 
"turn my wailing into dancing; 
remove my sackcloth and clothe me with joy." ~Psalm 30:11

God, Thank You for a prescription we can all use today and in the days to come. May we all grab our "tambourines" daily.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: