Monday, January 24, 2011

Set Your Face...

This is the scene I walked up on Saturday afternoon....it was like a crime scene without the tape.

Me: Great game guys-
MoMo: Thanks.
Me: I like your new shoes. (yet, my mind said, "when did your feet get so gigantic?")
Mikey: They are for "speshthally for bathketball"
Me: Ummmm...what exactly is going on here?

Mikey: Duh.
MoMo: Our faces were hot.
Me: Ok. It's 45 degrees up here...where people are standing.

Mikey: This is better for us down here.
MoMo: We went to where the cold was...you know, so we could be super close to it.

"Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced.
Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will.
I know that I will not be put to shame.
" ~Isaiah 50:7

What a great reminder...no matter what it looks like....or what other people are doing.....
to "go where it is."
It challenged me to ask myself where I can set my face to the stone today.

God, Thank you for meeting us right where we look for You.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: