Monday, November 30, 2015

Who Are We Celebrating?

I was in church yesterday when someone walked up to me and announced..."I know your name, I hear it all over the place, but I have no idea who you are."

Hmmmmm.....there's a loaded statement. 
One I didn't take lightly.

In order to know who I am....
You'd have to watch me....
how I interact with others and treat them. 
You might ask others that know me well....
you might even watch them, as they can be a reflection of me....
"A mirror reflects a person's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses" ~Proverbs 27:19
I started thinking about Christmas....many of us, me included, know what we are celebrating....after all the name Christmas, is fairly recognizable. Whether you believe the story or not.
  
The question is, am I showing others WHO we are celebrating?

At times yes. I am blaring my Christmas Mixes on Spotify....I am buying presents, I am decorating, I am discussing plans....

But, am I showing Him 
in the way I move about and treat others in the middle of all of this busyness?

The possibilities are endless during the next few weeks....
Can I let someone cut in front of me in line at Target? Or worse....Tekas?
Can I slow down enough, to notice the things or people I am missing?



Maybe others can see Him more clearly if we slow down and show them.
Maybe then they will know WHO we are celebrating.

God, Thank You for the opportunities You are putting right in front of us.

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: