Monday, July 8, 2013

Your Lane...

"We must run with determination the race marked out for us" ~Hebrews 12:1 

It is real easy for me to get caught up in looking at the other lanes.
Don't we all find ourselves at times, noticing how much easier, faster & happier those other "runners" seem to be doing.
Sometimes the lane you are in might feel muddy and hard to navigate.

Rick Warren reminds us to, "resist those who want you to run THEIR race."

God does not call us to run the same race as one another...
nor does He call us to run it faster and better than others.
Quite the opposite....
God calls us to run the race He marked specifically for us.
He also assures each one of us....He will be in that lane with us. 

"Remember I am with you always, until the end of the age." ~Matthew 28:20

Knowing this, remembering it and living in it...
is where true victory is found.

God, Thank You. I LOVE the lane You have placed me in. I am beyond grateful You are running with me.


In His Dust,
DCC

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love this, Debbi. It is so easy to think others have no travails, or that our journey is harder. We can't know what another is going through in the quiet hours of their private lives. Live by faith, not by sight! 2 Cor. 5:7
It has been my mantra this summer. Trust. I too am so grateful for the knowledge that I am not alone, that this journey has a greater purpose!